You have an idea – now what?
When you get a good idea, there are some very simple steps to follow to start the process of development :
1. Put your idea down on paper, whether handwritten or in a computer document.
2. Over the next few days, allow your idea to change and expand as your thoughts become stronger and deeper.
3. Write down risks, doubts or questions.
4. Draw an outline or sketch, if relevant.
5. Develop a streamlined, more organized, one-page description of your idea.
6. Get a non-disclosure agreement.
Important: A non-disclosure agreement is no substitution for proprietary laws. A non-disclosure agreement serves only as the first step with advisors or partners. It is a legal contract between two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that parties wish to share with one another, but wish to restrict sharing with other parties.
7. Show your idea to a good friend, a patent attorney, the patent office or contact us for a free initial consultation.
Do you have an invention or business idea?
InventorHaus can directly bring your product to market as well as guide you through each step of the invention process.
We will assess your idea for free. Confidentiality assured.